Low-Cost Loans to Support Industrial Recycling in Florida.
The Florida Recycling Loan Program available through Florida First Capital provides Florida businesses with low-cost, long-term, fixed interest rate loans for the purchase or refinance of equipment and machinery used to expand industrial recycling activities throughout the state.
The program is designed to assist companies that manufacture products from recycled materials or convert recyclable materials into raw materials for use in manufacturing. The long-term goal of the Florida Recycling Loan Program is to divert solid waste from landfills by helping companies to expand their recycling businesses or retrofit manufacturing operations to recycle secondary materials.
Funding is available for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of recycling equipment as well as companies in any industry that purchase recycling machinery or equipment.
Recycling Loan Terms
- Loan amounts from $20,000 to $200,000.
- Fixed interest rates as low as 2% below Prime.
- 10% down payment in most cases.
- Amortization terms up to 10 years.
- Loans secured by a first lien on assets financed.
Borrower Qualification Criteria
- For-profit businesses located in Florida.
- Tangible net worth under $15 million.
- Fewer than 100 employees.
- Compliance with environmental regulations.
- Personal loan guarantee required for all owners of 20% or more of company.
- Borrower must be licensed in Florida, and all permits and zoning must be in place before funding.
- Loan repayment ability must be demonstrated.
Eligible Uses of Recycling Loan Proceeds
- Purchase/refinance and installation of machinery/equipment.
- Conversion of existing machinery/equipment.
Loan proceeds MAY NOT be used to finance working capital.
About the Program Administrator
The Florida Recycling Loan Program operates under a partnership between the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and Florida First Capital Finance Corporation, the program administrator. Florida First Capital is a non-profit certified development company that promotes economic development and job creation throughout Florida by working with the Small Business Administration (SBA) and private-sector lenders to provide available and affordable financing to small businesses. Florida First Capital also lends under the SBA 504 loan program as well as other small business assistance programs.
For an application or more information about the Florida Recycling Loan Program, contact Guillermo “Gui” Gutierrez, program manager, at Florida First Capital. Toll-Free Phone: 888.320.5504 or 850.681.3601. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.