A Resiliency Loan Fund to Help Florida’s Small Businesses and Its Economy to Grow and Prosper.
The Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund provides access to available and affordable working capital at reasonable interest rates and terms to help existing and new Florida small businesses create and retain permanent jobs, create high paying jobs (increasing income levels) and diversify and stabilize the state’s economy. The program also aims to increase small business disaster preparedness, allowing businesses to be in a better position to handle any natural disasters that might come their way.
The fund is a partnership between the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) and the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), which serves as the overall administrator of the program. Florida First Capital serves as the state of Florida appointed fiscal administrator of the program.
A total of $50 million in state and federal funds are available as follows:
- $40 million in funds are available to assist small businesses statewide.
- $10 million in funds are designated specifically to assist businesses located in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Leon, Liberty, Taylor, Wakulla and Washington counties.
- Must be located in Florida, operate primarily in Florida and be authorized to operate in Florida.
- Must be owned and controlled by persons who are lawfully in the United States and have an appropriate work Visa.
- Must be legally able to contract debt.
Allowable Use of Funds
- Working Capital: Purchase orders; seasonal financing; and purchase of inventory.
- Fixed Assets: Construction (renovation/expansion/leasehold improvements); machinery and equipment; acquisition of land as part of a business development project; FF&E; and commercial real estate.
- Both: Landscape and property improvements; business acquisition; and business expansion.
Loan Amounts & Terms
- Express: Up to $350,000; 3-5 year terms; 10% borrower down payment (minimum).
- Standard: Up to $500,000; 5-10 year terms; 10% borrower down payment (minimum).
- Note: Loans over $25,000 may require collateral.
The interest rate is derived from the Prime Rate as listed in the Wall Street Journal. Contact us for the current rate.
- Copy of valid driver license for all owners of 20% or more.
- Copy of current county business tax receipt, if applicable.
- 6 months of bank statements for business accounts (personal upon request).
- Corporate documents, to include operating agreements, articles of incorporation/organization, division of corporations, etc. as applicable.
- 3-year schedule of jobs with average salary.
- 3 years of business tax returns.
- 3 years of personal tax returns for all owners of 20% or more.
- Resumes of owners of 20% or more and any key managers/personnel.
- Personal financial statement from all owners of 20% or more.
- Interim financials (income statement, balance sheet, and schedule of debts) on a month end within 90 days of application.
- Business liability insurance policy.
- Evidence that credit is not available elsewhere.
- Contracts, bids or estimates for any real estate, FF&E, or renovation/improvement and construction loan requests. Environmental certification (provided upon request).
- Credit check authorization (provided upon request).
- Signed borrower certification.
How Are Applicants Approved or Denied?
All applications and documents are sent to a Loan Board for review. The Loan Board will review the following to make a decision:
2. Project summary;
3. Loan summary;
4. Due diligence and underwriting; and
5. Credit score.
How to Apply
Go to the following link to create a secure log-in account and complete an application: https://deosera.force.com/RebuildFloridaBusinessLoanFund/login.
For questions or more information, contact Bruce Frazier, Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund Processor. Toll-free phone: 888.320.5504 or 904.619.1295. Email: bruce@FloridaFirst.com.